Go back to the Job List
Occupational Health NursePosted by: Mecklenburg EMS Agency (MEDIC)
Posted date: 2011-Apr-13
Location: Charlotte, NC
Mecklenburg Emergency Medical Services Agency, better known as MEDIC, is responsible for providing world-class, pre-hospital emergency healthcare to nearly 1,000,000 residents in the Charlotte, NC metropolitan area. Medic is internationally renowned for its Emergency Medical Education and Simulation Center as well as for yielding some of the leading patient outcome statistics in the nation. Please visit www.medic911.com for more information.
Medic is seeking a high energy, self motivated and detail oriented Occupational Health Nurse to join our team!! This position is full-time with benefits and will be directly responsible for the carrying out the following:
· Case/care management and all functions related to disability, workers compensation, FMLA, return to work programs, and cost containment.
· Develop and maintain Weekly, Bi-Weekly and Monthly Reports to Management; responsible for providing recommendations to management based on results of said reports.
· Manage Medic’s Light Duty program and tracking/reporting of all hours for FMLA and Payroll.
· Consult with employees on medical, work related and personal matters.
· Advocate for the health and wellbeing of all Medic employees.
· Coordinate and perform pre-placement physicals, annual FIT testing and immunization programs.
· Monitor healthcare provider recommendations for appropriateness of accommodations, continuous treatment and follow up care related to employees who suffered OJIs.
· Communicate regularly with Agency’s workers compensation insurer.
· Track patient care and progress. Initiate and facilitate consultations on a regular basis with physicians, therapists and insurance adjusters regarding employee progress.
· Maintain associate health records including pre-employment physicals, accidents or injuries.
· Assist Human Resources with planning for injured employees to return to work from leave.
· Work, communicate and develop relationships with management, employees, medical doctors and vendors.
· Perform drug testing.
· Perform pre-placement physicals.
· Perform health screenings for employees on request.
· Develop, implement and lead employee wellness programs and lead the Agency’s Wellness Team.
· Provide first aid care to employees in accordance with the nursing protocol.
· Participate as a Safety committee member to promote a healthy and safe work environment, and protect workers from risks associated with occupational health hazards.
· Maintain and safeguard confidentiality of employee health information and Workers Compensation records, understanding HIPAA laws.
· Manages a competent and safe practice within protocols and under the supervision of an occupational physician.
All candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for this position:
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work a varied schedule, inclusive of occasional early mornings and late evenings to accommodate employee training and testing requirements.
· RN, specifically with a minimum of 3 years previous Occupational Nursing experience. BSN and COHN preferred.
Comprehensive Benefit Package
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· State Government Retirement - Employer Matched
· 401K and 457 - 5% Employer Match
· Onsite Free Fitness Facility open 24 hours
· Tuition Reimbursement
To learn how you can become a part of our world-class Agency, please visit www.medic911.com/careers to download an employment application or contact, Linda Hendley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-943-6083.